This recipe using sour cream in the cupcake mixture is to die for, makes the best cupcake!! And it works perfectly coupled with white chocolate icing! Try it for yourself… here’s the recipe.
125g butter, softened
1 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups self-raising flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 160 deg celcius. Line a 12 cake cupcake pan with papers. In a medium sized bowl, lightly beat the eggs and butter and sugar then mix until light and fluffy.
2. Add sour cream, flour and vanilla, and stir to combine. Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes until light and creamy.
3. Divide mixture evenly between the cake papers. Bake for 18-20 minutes until risen and firm to touch. Cool on a wire rack before icing.
Do you want to make the white chocolate icing too? Mine needed a bit more effort but I ran out of time… give it a try…
100g white chocolate coarsly grated
1 tablespoon of butter, softened
1/3 cup thickened whipping cream
1. Combine the chocolate and butter in a medium sized saucepan over a medium heat. As the mixutre begins to melt, add the cream slowly, then reduce heat to lwo, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
2. Remove from heat and cool. Spread evenly onto cupcakes with a teaspoon.
The Australian Version of THE VOICE has just finished and the winner was
She is quite the unique sing star!
This is her singing STAY WITH ME BABY
Feeling very flat and uninspired by life lately.
Not much to blog about. Can’t be bothered doing much, full stop.
Let me think about the top five things that make me happy in life and maybe that will bring me some inspiration